Frequently asked questions
What do I wear?
Ideally pyjamas, however please feel free to wear whatever you feel comfortable in. Everyone will wear our famous bunny ears, which are provided on the night as part of your registration fee.
We strongly recommend that you wear comfortable trainers (not slippers) and dress appropriately for the weather.
What time does the walk start?
The walk starts at 8pm from Angel Hill in Bury St Edmunds.
What if the weather is bad?
Girls Night Out will go ahead come rain or shine, so please dress appropriately for the weather conditions.
Do I need to bring my own water?
Sure! Bring a bottle to keep you hydrated at the start of the walk. There will also be refreshment stops along the route.
Do I need to train?
It is always good to be prepared and your training doesn't have to be intense.
Can I bring my dog?
No. For insurance reasons we can't allow people to bring their furry friends.
Where do I get bunny ears?
You will be given a pair of bunny ears on the night as part of you registration. There is no charge for these.
How long is the walk?
There are two routes to pick from, 11.2 miles and six miles.
Will there be toilets?
Yes, a number of stops along the route. We will point these out on a map which we will send you in your registration pack.
How much do I need to raise?
We ask that you try to raise £100.
How do I register?
You must register before the event. You can register online or by paper application.
Can I get involved in other ways instead of walking?
Yes. We're always in need of marshals to keep the walkers safe and en route - and we need more than 300 lovely volunteers to make our event happen. Sign up to volunteer now!
How old do I have to be to walk Girls Night Out?
Walkers must be 14 or over on 9 September 2017. Anyone aged between 14-17 must obtain consent from a parent or guardian, and must be walker with an adult over the age of 18.
There is no upper age limit for Girls Night Out.
A little more information.
- Girls Night Out is a moonlit sponsored walk for women in Bury St Edmunds
- You can choose a route to suit you- either six or 11.2 miles
- Walk in a team or as an individual-everyone is welcome and very friendly
- Your registration fee includes a T-shirt, pin badge and your all important bunny ears
- It also includes hot chocolate and a bacon roll (or vegetarian alternative) at the end
- We ask that you try to raise a minimum of £100 in sponsorship. There are lots of tips about how to do this on our website and in your pack
- You can also support the event as one of our volunteers. We need more than 300 volunteers to run Girls Night Out, so would love to hear from you.